Dr. David Tan graduated in 1969 with a Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery from the University of Singapore. After setting up his first private medical practice, he continued to pursue his personal passion and mission where he helped out as Medical Superintendent (MS) of Kwong Wai Shiu Free Hospital from 1973 – 1975. This action was his charity work to the public, which would also mark the first milestone in his professional life. Under his leadership, the hospital, which initially catered to only the Chinese Cantonese Clan, was made fully public and opened to all races. At Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital, modern Medical Doctors, Traditional Chinese Physicians and Acupuncturists worked under the same roof. It was here that Dr. Tan honed his skills, passion and interests in Chinese herbs and his belief that Asian herbs can be utilized to tame chronic diseases including Cancer. After 2 years at Kwong Wai Shiu Free Hospital, he returned to his own private practice and to his patients with new found knowledge and experience.
Dr. Tan’s initial medical research was inspired and supported by an inheritance from his grandfather, the late Mr. Heng Mui Keng. (Heng Mui Keng was a philanthropist and land developer after which the Singapore road “Heng Mui Keng Terrace” at NUS/Pasir Panjang was named after him). His continuous passion and commitment in medicine/research can be seen in the following:
- Dr. Tan continued to fund his passion from his own successes as an early pioneer of Medical Hypnosis in Singapore and as an Aesthetics Doctor.
- His passion and interest in Cancer Research from the early years of his career resulted in the publication of a paper on children’s Cancer in the Singapore Medical Journal in September 1970.
- He had invested much of his personal wealth in collaborations and partnerships with scientists from North America in the early eighties to find and discover natural, phyto-pharmaceutical cures for cancer. The accumulations of all the research work done is reflected in the current patent held by the company.
- He obtained his postgraduate diploma from the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine.
- He was a fellow of The Western Australian Society for Medical Hypnosis.
- He has sat on the panel of Independent Practitioners for the Hospital Transplant Ethics Committee, Parkway Group Healthcare Pte. Ltd. from 1997-1998.
After converting the Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital into a public one, Dr. Tan’s next career milestone was his retirement as a Medical Practitioner in 2009. This was another breakthrough to his professional life, as he was then fully able to commit to his life-long passion to serve as a medical scientist and this has finally cumulated today to the founding of the bioDYNE Labs® group of companies, a bio-pharmaceutical corporation and platform dedicated to being the leader and pioneer in Medical Wellness and helping patients and consumers increase their quality of life and improve overall well-being by natural methods. With more than 40 years of prodigious clinical and research experience in the medical science field, Dr. Tan is the creator of the bioDYNE Natural Chemopreventive Stress Techniques™. This set of techniques is part of Dr. Tan’s global research to discover a unique set of integrative healing methods to energize, nourish, nurture, strengthen and support the body to heal itself so that even patients who are under high stress or difficulties sleeping can have a peace of mind and a good, quality life.
Dr Ta’s 40 years of prodigious research has earned him pioneer Medical Scientist standing in the exceptional area called Medical Wellness.
Medical Wellness is referred to as natural health for the population by applying natural supervised methods / conducted by Medical Doctors. However, we also continue to encourage conventional modern medical treatment – healthcare; and in the treatment of the disease Cancer, the treatment should also encompass surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
At bioDYNE Labs®, we refer to Medical Wellness through 3 sub-categories:-
- Cancer Wellness — achieving natural positive health for Cancer survivors by natural methods and applications.
- Longaevitas Wellness™ — achieving longevity through practising bioDYNE Labs proprietary techniques, theories and methods.
- Lifestyle Wellness – e.g. Helping people with sleep disorders achieve quality sleep by natural methods.
Dr. Tan is happy that over the last 4 years in Singapore, he has been able to help many Cancer survivors to TAME their Cancers, and to show the caregivers how to give their love ones the best care and help their family members who are at risk because of genetic reasons to avoid this hereditary problem.
How did Dr. Tan achieve the above and how did he do it? He achieved this through creating:-
- Taming Cancer Naturally Forums at the Singapore Management University (SMU) followed by
- Practical Workshop Classes at the Singapore General Hospital campus (Alumni Medical Centre) and created
- The Longaevitas™ Support Groups which are held fortnightly at the SMU where there is continuous training, coaching and explanations of the Natural Chemopreventive Stress Techniques, practical sessions of the bioDYNE Techniques, fellowship and social support amongst the participants who encourage each other, further teachings, guidance and care.
The journey on the path to Taming Cancer begins by the Cancer Survivors attending the Taming Cancer Naturally Forum and than progressing to the Workshops and subsequently the Support Groups.
These unique Taming Cancer Naturally Forums, Workshops and Support Groups is known as Cancer Wellness.
Cancer Wellness together with the participant’s Inner Intelligence has helped them to rejuvenate, energise, nourish, nurture, support and strengthen their bodies to heal themselves and give themselves a better quality life.
Taming Cancer Naturally Forums
Interested in Dr. David Tan Taming Cancer Naturally Forums? Fill in your name and contact number below and we will update you on the details of our forum.